Sunday, September 19, 2010

I and Me

I found parts of the George Herbert Mead concept of "I and Me" to be fascinating and thought they could offer deeper understanding in the concepts of אור ישר ואור חוזר

See how beautifully it works within the context of an earlier blog, Versions of the Truth i.e. in my knowing that my listener "can't handle the truth" I am in turn forced to readjust to a version that he will be capable of handling. That need for readjustment on my part is exactly me being impacted by him i.e. his אור חוזר

Just a thought, I'm not much of a kabbalist.

[Note Berachot 55a :  אין מעמידין פרנס על הצבור אלא אם כן  נמלכים בצבור שנא׳ ״ראו  קרא ה׳ בשם בצלאל אמר לו הקדוש ברוך הוא למשה משה הגון עליך בצלאל אמר לו רבונו של עולם אם לפניך  הגון לפגי לא כל  שכן אמר לו אף על פי כן לך אמור להם הלך  ואמר להם לישראל הגון עליכם בצלאל אמרו לו אם לפני הקדוש ברוך הוא ולפניך חוא הגון לפנינו לא כל  שכן]

[I realized afterwards something very beautiful. The hebrew for 'I' and 'me' is אני and אותי. Now אותי is actually a referencing of the person by way of his sexuality/penis (אות see Zohar below), his "lower half", whereas אני is referencing the veritable initial existential core of what a person is, the "upper half" as it were (אין) so that "I and me" or אני ואותי are essentially Top-Down and Bottom-Up respectively i.e. אור ישר ואור חוזר... Very beautiful.


זוהר סוף חקת  ויאמר יי' אל משה אל תירא אותו וכו'.... מיד אמר קודשא בריך הוא אל תירא אותו, לא תדחל לההוא את דיליה וכו' עיין שם]

No comments: