Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name..."

Of course the main answer as to why I chose to live in Israel is that I feel it's where and what I belong to... but just an added point: It's 4 days before the Pesach Seder night and I've been in Israel now a total of 5 days, these are the "strangers" so far that have invited me to their house for the Seder:

  • The Merkaz Klita "mother of the house" offered to set me up with countless families in the area here in Kfar Saba
  • The Gabbai of the nearby shul (whom I'm ultimately going with) told me he'll take care of it and set me up with someone in the shul
  • The people who sat next to me on the El Al plane coming over
  • The woman at Bank Leumi who opened my account
  • The storekeeper where I bought a cart and those electric adapter thingys from 110 to 220
  • The girl at the Cellcom store who set up my cellphone account
  • and i think there's a few others as well but i forgot already
  • not to mention all my extended family and family friends that I am completely welcome at just that i'm not feeling settled enough yet to "travel" out of Kfar Saba
  • and not to forget the big sign in the absorption office when you get off the plane that reads "Welcome Home"
So in summation: How could you not want to live in Israel?!!

Sometimes you want to go 

Where everybody knows your name, 
and they're always glad you came. 
You wanna be where you can see, 
our troubles are all the same 
You wanna be where everybody knows 
Your name. 

You wanna go where people know, 
people are all the same, 
You wanna go where everybody knows 
your name. 

No comments: